OIC Cambodia is a Cambodian organization registered with the Ministry of Interior in 2017, supporting the development of a sustainable Cambodian speech therapy profession and workforce.
Vision: To see support for people with communication and swallowing difficulties (speech therapy) led by Cambodians and available to all who need
Mission: To establish speech therapy university training courses and jobs for Cambodians, raise awareness, and influence government policy.
Read our summary: https://www.oiccambodia.org/?p=3180
Lead and manage current and future strategic activities, including the coordination of people and resources, for the purposes of fulfilling the mission of OIC Cambodia.
- LOCATION: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- SCHEDULE: Full-Time
- SALARY: Gross Salary range from US$1618 to $2006 (based on experiences and qualification )
- Report to OIC Governing Board
- Directly report: the operations manager, Program Managers, Communication Officers, and Speech therapy professional development Manager
Key Areas of Responsibility
1: Strategic Leadership and Direction
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management to OIC Cambodia and provide oversight of all programs & activities.
- Following OIC Cambodia’s Strategic Plan, develop and oversee the implementation of strong annual work plans in line with OIC’s theory of change and keep them up-to-date.
- Ensure OIC’s Strategic Plan is fully implemented, periodically review OIC’s organizational strategy, and, with the entire OIC team, adapt the strategy in response to changing circumstances.
- Facilitate OIC’s organizational decision-making with the management team and the wider team as appropriate.
- Prepare quarterly reports on OIC management, resources, and activities for the BoG.
2: Financial and Budget Management
- Ensure high ethical standards of good governance and financial management are practiced within OIC Cambodia.
- Ensure effective financial control and compliance with organizational policies and procedures, and donor financial regulations
- Ensure costs (staff, operations, activities) are adequately and proactively budgeted for.
3: Representation and Advocacy
- Competently articulate OIC’s history and strategy to a range of national and international stakeholders
- Represent OIC in high-level meetings with government and donor bodies.
- Identify and develop key relationships, ensuring regular engagement and coordination with strategic partners, especially government, universities, and partner NGOs.
- Identify and participate in networks within Education, Health, Rehabilitation, and Disability that align with OIC’s goal of working for government integration and ownership of ST
- Report to the board quarterly on OIC progress.
4: Oversight of Program Development, Management and Implementation
- Apply high ethical standards (OIC Values) in design, partnership and implementation of all activities
- Oversee program design to ensure OIC projects reflect a systems-strengthening and contribute to achieving OIC mission and vision
- Facilitate the design and development of existing and new project initiatives.
- Oversee the effective implementation of projects, and ensure timely delivery of outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure the overall monitoring and evaluation of and learning from programs including data management
5: People Management
- Cultivate a positive team culture reflecting OIC’s values
- Model and facilitate staff learning through regular professional development opportunities
- Build a high-performing team to deliver on the goals and objectives of OIC including succession planning and targeted skill development.
- Ensure the effective implementation of programs through performance management and learning and development plans, appraisals, and supervision
- Identify and recruit specific team human resources required for the achievement of OIC mission
- Ensure OIC staff have full competency to implement the program/project
6: Safety, Security, and Risk Management
- Oversee the safety and security plans for OIC, and ensure that staff comply with policies and procedures and are compliant with the local legislation and directives, organizational policies and procedures, and donor regulations.
- Ensure optimum safety of OIC staff, consultants, and volunteers, as well as clients, beneficiaries, and partner agencies..
- Develop and maintain a risk management analysis for OIC
7: Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Cultivate and maintain good relations with donors
- Ensure funds are effectively managed with utmost transparency and regular reporting
- Ensure the effective implementation and revision of the fundraising strategy, together with OIC’s fundraising team members (from the Management team and Board)
- Include funding opportunities and challenges in Board reports
Key selection Criteria:
- University postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field, such as development, disability, health, management or similar
- Experience in senior organizational management, proven experience overseeing operational and program budgets, human resources and multiple projects at least 5 years.
- Proven experience in financial management with international donors and government agencies, including overseeing financial procedures, budget management, and donor reporting
- Proven experience initiating and partnering with national-level government departments and institutions
- Proven experience in program development and strategic planning using a system-strengthening approach
- Extensive personal and professional networks within Cambodian NGO, INGO, and government connections related to speech therapy (health, disability, rehab, social services, university)
- Native speaker of Khmer and excellent communication skills in English
- Proven experience in fundraising, grant writing, donor liaison, and high standard of government and donor reporting (written and verbal)
- High level of technological literacy to enable highly professional presentation and communication of information
- High commitment to Disability inclusion, Child rights, and developing
Desirable (not essential):
- Postgraduate qualifications in disability, public health, organizational management
- Strong university and tertiary education networks (Cambodian and Internationally)
- Experience leading organizations or programs within the Cambodian disability or health sector
- Comprehensive networks with donor agencies, private sectors
- Personal experience with people with communication difficulties
- Experience contextualizing new services or skills to the Cambodian systems
- Experience advocating at both national (government and and society level
- Experience leading teams with Cambodian and foreign staff, advisors, and volunteers
- A gifted leader keen to build upon the existing foundation of OIC work
- A confident communicator, able to communicate ideas comfortably with a variety of people
- A person of integrity, able to build trusting relationships inside and outside of OIC, and humble to seek support from others
- A keen interest in learning, skills improvement, and problem-solving for themselves and their team
- More interested in the outcomes of the project than personal gain
- Works to the highest standard of quality, ethical conduct, and transparency
How to Apply
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send your CV, current photo, and cover letter via the email address provided in the contact details. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Opportunity to work at a senior level within a new initiative with the opportunity to be innovative and creative to respond to the large vision of growing speech therapy workforce and awareness in Cambodia
- Skill development and mentoring access to a panel of advisors with decades of experience in speech therapy, international development, project management, fundraising, communications, working with disabilities, and more
- Able to see the successful implementation of one of the biggest gaps in basic health care within Cambodia
- Opportunity to work in a unique organization with a close management team and mentoring support
Send your CV to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20-Oct-2023
OIC Cambodia is a Speech Therapy professional development organization, this position is only open for people with disability, and strongly encourage women with disability to apply. We are also Child Protection based organization, we encouraging the candidate who used to work with children to apply.
To apply for the role, please send your application to email provided in the contact details with the subject: Executive Director, and with the following documents:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis by a deadline of the closing date. Only shortlisted will be contacted. Submitted documents not returned.
Women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply! OIC Cambodia is committed to protecting children’s rights. OIC reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child safe environment. We committed to protecting the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within our organization embedded in child/vulnerable protection. Protection sexual harassment, exploitation abuse child/vulnerable protection fundamental our core value, including employment, our recruitment practices, and contract sign, as well pre-employment check.
We commit to protecting children’s rights. OIC Reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child safe environment. We commit to protect the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within our organization embedded in child/vulnerable protection all we do. Protection sexual harassment, exploitation abuse child/vulnerable protection fundamental our core value, including employment, our recruitment practices, and contract sign, as well pre-employment checks. To find out more, please contact our Human resource team.