OIC Cambodia aims to facilitate the development of a Cambodia-based University course to train local speech therapists who are equipped and motivated to work within the public sectors in Cambodia. This course aims to equip graduates to work with children and adults, across an internationally compatible scope of speech therapy practice.
We do this by:
- Building partnerships with international and Cambodian universities
- Collaborating with experts to guide the development of this course
- Designing appropriate course structure, teaching format, and content focus
- Providing technical expertise to support Cambodian university staff
- Working with the Royal Government of Cambodia to create speech therapy jobs in education, health and disability sectors
- Working all sectors stakeholders to increase recognition and value of speech therapy in Cambodia;
- Working with partner NGOs, government and sectors leaders to develop professional standards and clinical competencies for Cambodian speech therapists;
- Engage and collaborate with members of the Cambodian Speech Therapy Network to coordinate and grow speech therapy input in Cambodia.